Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh the snow!

Whew! Yesterday can be described in one word: rushed. Before the wedding and during the reception, Laura, Randa, and I were running around constantly working starting at 11. It was freezing outside, and actually started snowing! We all had dresses on so we were shaking cold. We had to clear plates and make sure the food didn't get too low at the reception. The wedding was so pretty and the reception so cute, but I was tired when we finally left at 6:30. My day wasn't done though. I still had a basketball game.

Because of the wedding, we missed all but the very end of the girls game :(. We got to watch all of the boys game and perform our last halftime performance at Charleston. It's sad that I won't get to dance there anymore, but I knew that it had to end sometime. At least I have the All Star games in June. A lot of Charleston fans, some I didn't even really know, came up to me after the game and told me how much they had enjoyed watching us dance this year. That's what got to me the most. This year, even though the team was REALLY small, we had some of the most talented dancers that the school has had. All of us wanted to be out there performing. Sometimes we didn't like the dance we were doing, but we put on a smile and did it anyways.

Mom and I were going to go to the Razorback baseball game but a few minutes after we were on the road, my brother called to tell us it was canceled. Apparently, the dusting of snow we got yesterday, left three inches a little farther north. With the snow and the weather still being frigid, they decided not to play. Almost makes you feel bad for the other team who rode on a bus to play a three game weekend series and only got to play Friday night.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll hear on my scholarship to the U of A. The past couple days we haven't had any mail at all. Everyday that there isn't a letter, I get more and more nervous. It's hard to wait a few days for something you've wanted for so long.

I guess patience is a virtue I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment